We spoke to William Bradley, Street Athletics National Winner (2011,2014) to hear about his experiences in Athletics:
– How old were you at your first Street Athletics event?
Probably 12, I got through to the final, then carried on competing every year since; accept last year. Last year I hurt my hamstring a week before the heats
– What made you join Sutton Harriers?
I actually joined Sutton because of Street Athletics, I got into running through the events and after winning the National Final (2011) I looked to join a club to continue training.
– What is it that drew you to Street Athletics?
I just heard about it and thought I would try, once I went through to Manchester I wanted to continue.
– What’s your greatest achievement so far in Athletics (apart from winning Street Athletics!)
I came first in the English School U15 relay race (2013).
– Are you excited for the finals this year?
I am but I think it’s going to be hard.
– How has Street Athletics inspired you?
It made me join Sutton Harriers, and Street Athletics is good because anyone can take part, whether you are part of a club or not.
– Any advice for someone who wants to start running?
Good Luck! Enjoy it, and do it for yourself.
Thank you for your time William, and good luck in the final!